Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lavender cream-filled Cupcakes with Cardamom-Citrus Cream Cheese Frosting


"When life gets a bit out of hand, it’s a cue that I have to create something beautiful in my kitchen".

When my friend Vilma asked me if we can have a "bake night", I knew something was bothering her, and of course, I said yes. Vilma just moved from Miami to Atlanta. In two months, she moved to a new city, changed jobs, sold her condo, left her dog with a friend, and left everything that’s familiar to her. Talk about life changes!
She wants to make rose cupcakes, the one’s I made for my friends Drea's & Ife’s birthdays, but my organic rose is not blooming these days. However, I have a stash of organic edible lavender from one of my ingredient hunting expeditions a couple of months ago, so I suggested that we make lavender cupcakes instead. Incidentally, my friend Ife is flying to New York for a weekend of partying, so I have Sweetpea, her beautiful 2-year old Westies for the weekend. Vilma used to own a Westies when she lived in Miami, so it’s added comfort to her to have Sweetpea bake with us that night.

We used Cheryl Porro of Cupcake Bakeshop’s recipe (the only tweaking that I did was to add 1/2 of a teaspoon of cardamom in the frosting). Cheryl always have awesome and tested recipes, she is my #1 Cupcake Diva, one of the people who inspired me to start baking.


Three hours and 2 dozen cupcakes later, Vilma, Sweetpea and I went to bed feeling much better.

1 comment:

  1. These cupcakes were DELICIOUS! I can't wait to sample from the next blog post!!!

    ReplyDelete