Tuesday, September 22, 2009

TWD: Cottage Cheese Pufflets

This week's TWD challenge is a relief compared to last week's kitchen misadventure. I used some of my homemade strawberry rhubarb jam as filling for these weetle tookies and they turned out real good! The cookie is not sweet, so most of the sweetness comes from the jam filling. I popped 5 of these bad boys even before I transferred them to the cooling rack. They are perfect as little pick me ups for the rainy days.

Check out of Jacque's blog, Daisy Lane Cakes, our host for this weeks TWD for her rendition of these cookies and the TWDer's blogroll for every one's baking experience this week.




They remind me of little Incan statuettes.











They still remind me of little Incan statuettes, only this time, covered with snow! LOL!










Cottage Cheese Pufflets

6 comments:

  1. Very nice! Sounds like you enjoyed them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to put the little slits in the top! Looking at your lovely photos just reminded me! Oh well they turned out tasting good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours look so pretty. It took several tries before I got pretty ones. The dough just didn't work with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pufflets are lovely! Glad they were a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, they look so perfect! I laughed about the Incan statuettes in the snow. That would be something to see.

    Thanks for baking along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours are beautiful! Like little perogies. They look great.

    ReplyDelete