Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies


In the category of "Greatest Chocolate Chip Cookies," these gets my vote for greatest.
-- Dorie Greenspan, Baking from my Home to Yours



I have been craving chocolate chip cookies for a week now, but what with the holiday season and all the gastronomique wantonness that I will be indulging in very soon, I am trying to be good. However, today is the eve of my yet again 28th birthday, so I just have to indulge and do something nice for myself.

I baked two (2) dozens of these cookies (see recipe here), and 30 minutes later, this is what's left of it -- Bill and I devoured them as soon as they came out of the oven. The cookies are thin, crisp caramely and chewy in the middle... the chopped Valrhona chocolate, still warm and oozing... it really is a little piece of greatness in every bite.



I can't remember the last time I used store bought chocolate chips for my baking. Like all people I admire in the baking world, the use of chopped premium chocolate instead lends a much superb texture and taste to the baked goods. I'm not a snob (maybe a little), and don't hate, I'm just saying.

I froze some of the dough, since I intend to make the rest for my birthday dinner tomorrow. My friend Nikita is cooking dinner for me and six (6) other friends. I'm glad I am not cooking for my own birthday dinner. Thanks, Niki!


1 comment: